GTA 5 is clearly the most awaited Grand Theft Auto game from Rockstar Games. Its trailers and screenshots are driving gamers crazy and they want more and more till the game is actually out.
Unfortunately, the game is still not announced for pc and one can only speculate the requirements for GTA 5 pc version.
I know that Rockstar has praised Sony and Microsoft for their consoles and GTA 5 is coming for next generation of consoles. So we know that even console owners will be able to enjoy full HD graphics of GTA 5.
Even so, Rockstar Games can’t deny the fact that pc can deliver better graphical performance because of more powerful hardware.
It is true that you won’t be able to crank out similar graphics from a computer of same price range as those consoles, but if you have got some extra money in your wallet, you can add graphics cards like Nvidia GTX Titan and Intel Core i7 3970X, and you can bet anything that it will give you state-of-the-art graphics on a multi monitor setup.
So, let’s hope that Rockstar Games will soon announce the pc version of GTA 5 after they have polished the console version.
Let’s look at some pc requirements for GTA 5.
- Processor – Quad core processor from either AMD or Nvidia – 2.0 GHz or better
- RAM – 4 GB DDR3
- Graphics Card – 2 GB of Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 or AMD Radeon HD 5770 or better
- Operating System – Windows 7 64 bit
- Hard Drive Space – 35 to 50 GB depending on final version – I took Max Payne 3 into account to speculate this.
- Sound Hardware – DirectX 9.0c compliant
- Network – 512 Kbps for updates, multiplayer and activation.
- Processor – Quad core processor from either AMD or Nvidia – 2.4 GHz or better
- RAM – 12 GB of RAM
- Graphics Card – 2 – 3 GB of Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti or AMD Radeon HD 6970 or better
- Operating System – Windows 8 64-bit
- Hard Drive Space – Same
- Sound Hardware – Same
- Network – 2 Mbps for updates, multiplayer and activation
Real pc requirements for GTA 5 might be different but I believe that they will be quite close to these specs. I think that GTA 5’s massive map will make it slower to load on low RAM systems and if you plan to play it on multi-monitor setup, then you’ll have to opt for more graphical memory than 2 GB.
This information is not official. I posted it after carefully studying Max Payne 3, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider 2013, Far Cry 3 and many other current generation games that had great looking open world scenarios.
However, don’t stress yourself just yet if you do not meet these pc requirements because you will get a lot of time to panic when the game and its official system requirements are announced.